It has been a LONG LONG time, a few weeks, since I have written and blogged. So much has been happening that I had to take deep breaths and catch it all in. I am not sure where to begin... let's begin with the Christmas holidays.
Christmas 2013 - British Style
Planes, Planes and Planes and Not Forgetting Automobiles
It was wonderful, Ollie made it to the UK after a long, and horrid ordeal with Air Canada. It was getting close, but he made it. Let's just say, he arrived, Christmas Eve. After one flight from Boston to Montreal was cancelled (due to some ice storm in Montreal), followed by no replacement flight, without us having to do it all from the UK, but as they say, Keep Calm and Carry On and we did. So we found a flight from Boston to Ottowas the next day, only to wake up and find out, it was cancelled, why? Not enough to crew the plane. Finally, we scrambled again, after being on hold for 45 minutes to get him a flight from Boston to Halifax to London... with a 12 hour layover in Halifax. No sleep, but he made it hear along with the words: "Mum and dad.... I am not going to go back to New Hampshire, I want to go to University in the UK!" I know, I know, it's a change, but so we carry on, and more on that later... Good things. We went to Christmas Eve mass and Declan was a Wise Man in the nativity at the mass. He is excited and we all really like the church, seems to be a good fit for us and for everyone who attends that parish.
HO HO HO! MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Had a beautiful Christmas in our new home with Ros, my sister-in-law, niece and her partner and the wee baby girl, 3 month old Rosetta. We brought Joyce and Dave here too - yes we sprung Joyce from the hospital for a couple of hours, to get her out for a bit. She did pretty well, and seemed to enjoy her food and the wee glass (or two) of wine.
New Years Eve was spent with Ros and the boys and was quiet but watching the festivities in London, I began to realize... this is home. I know, it sounds cliche and just weird, but honestly, this is home.....
Christmas is filled with such fun, love and traditions. One can go and say Merry Christmas without having anyone give you "the look". It is Christmas, MERRY CHRISTMAS! M E R R Y C H R I S T M A S.... I said it ande will continue to say it over and over and over and over and over again! We cannot and should not sit back and take this lying down. It is Christmas. Time to kick up a fuss America... once and for all. I said and I will continue to say it. It is Christmas and I am proud to say it. I digress... onwards.
THE HOUSE, THE HOUSE, AND OH IT'S SO COZY AND NEEDING WORK... IT IS VICTORIAN AFTER ALL!
So we are now finally getting some work done on the house. We are currently picking out wall colours for the sitting room... I will have to post those colours later, I appreciate your help and ideas and thoughts. Dulux or Crown? Which paint to do you like?
HAVE YACHT? WILL TRAVEL!
Ollie is on a boat, no, no.. a 72 foot yacht, working the boat, for free, for 10 days, on a tour of the Canary Islands. Lucky him, warm and sunny. I will post more on this later, the company is great, and he is working on his ideas, what to do, where to do go to University here.
Cam and Declan have really settled in well at their schools. I realized, a sad but true fact, we are a wee bit behind with regards to education in America. But... it's all good and Cam is catching up rather quickly and happily. He is making friends and tends to be leaning to playing football (soccer to us Americans) and basketball. We are looking into a lacrosse programme for him, but that will be worked on next week. Anything for the kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment