Today was Declan's first day of school. He is in Year 4 (that is 3rd grade to the US)! Drop off was purely uneventful. He went off with a happy face with the lovely Mr. Roberts, chatting away, saying goodbye (sort of) and discussing his desire to learn the drums (convenient seeing that today is drum instrction day). So yes, we will have to get him drum sticks. No drum kit. Here is Declan in uniform:
He looks like a proper little British school boy! Didn't do any Welsh today, but he came home with 14 words for spelling and sentences. OK, this is going to be a challenge I thought. Oh wait, that is one of the words. All words in cursive, and then 10 sentences. Their cursive is different than ours in the US, but we survived.
We went to register with the local doctors surgery (Doctors office), only to discover there is more paper work to do.
Visited Joyce and Dave today. And, we booked Ollie's flight here for Christmas holiday. Honestly today was a bit of a low key day. Oh, did I mention we drove by the school 2 times to "spy" on Declan? He seemed happy and running around playing Dr. Who episodes. Today was the one with the wooden dollies that turn you into wood. I don't know Dr. Who, but I guess I better get with the programme, I suppose. We are chilling for the night and hopefully Cameron will be registered this week for his new school, Bryn Elian and this is where the real challenge is going to be. Oh and we looked into the local gym, aLeisure Centre,it's going to be good.
Signing off today, tired and well it's one of those days... yep, feeling homesick. Peace and love to you all.


Chin up, you will get in a good,routine soon and everything will be alright!!!
ReplyDeleteLove the Little Man's pictures!!
He is so cute in that uniform!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cutie!
ReplyDelete