Saturday, December 7, 2013

Day 3 In the World of Wales.....

Saturday - 3 days in the world of Wales.  The first two days are a blur to be perfectly honest.  We did manage to get Declan to visit his new school.  St. Joseph's RC School.  His uniform is set and he is ready to start on Monday.  Interesting points from here to America:  all kids wear uniforms in all schools, the children seem to be very well spoken and very polite.  Declan's teacher is a man, Mr. Roberts.  He seems ever so inviting to help Declan with words and such.  He said it will be a great experience to learn how he speaks and for Declan to understand what they say.  When Declan said he was from New Jersey, the whole class was interested, especially the one who "knows every place in the world".  This lad seem to raise his hand and was full of questions.  The kids all look normal and "not like aliens" as Declan put it.  The other great thing I learned is that they are allowed to say Christmas and not worry about offending anyone.  That is most refreshing.  I think Declan will be happy here.  A bit apprehensive the first day or so, but seems like it will all work out.  Cameron's venture willl start next week, going to visit Bryn Elian with him.  He is more apprehensive, but I am sure he will do great.  I will report on that visit next week.

I digress, Thursday, we had a storm here.  Waves crashing over the sea wall and into the street.  I was worried about the shells and pebbles hitting the cars.  We seemed to be okay.  Further up the coast, the rail line is out until NEXT Thursday, the 13th of December.

I must learn to write the date as they do here:  day then month then year!  We all are learning that way of writing.  There seems to be a lot to learn.  Today we are gaining some access to the new home, haven't closed on it yet.  That is yet to happen, but should be early next week.  Need to get some sort of stabilitlty for all our sanity.

Finally, Cooper.  Cooper LOVES the sea.  Runs off leash and has many puppy dog friends.  He comes when called.  He thinks he owns the beach.  No other dog should be allowed on that beach without his permission.  The view is spectaculour.  Sea and piers and such.  Pictures of the Coopster playing on the beach later too.

Today we will venture out more, grocery stores, which will be an experience, visiting Joyce and Dave, which is another blog in itself.  The love that they have is endearing and sad.  Seeing Dave cry when even discussing Joyce is heartbreaking enough.  Joyce is in her own world.  Non-reactive most of the time.  She got irritated with Chris last night, when he tried to trim her nails.  Her mouth was irritating her, so we brushed her teeth, and she seemed a wee bit more confortable with that.  Hard to say really.  It's all a bit of sad state of affairs.

I miss you all from across the pond.  More later and our adventures continue.  Love and Hugs and Cheerio as they say!

1 comment:

  1. Praying for Chris' parents. Glad he is there to help care for them!
    I miss you all from this side of the pond! But love the adventures you will take us on!

    ReplyDelete